The first annual report by the Education Ombudsman of Ukraine Serhii Horbachov “Observance of Rights in Education – 2020”, which was presented to the public on 9 July by the news agency “Ukrinform”, highlights the main issues on observing rights in education, protecting the interests of participants in the educational process, particularly in the context of the pandemic, and also proposes certain ways to solve such issues.
Wide discussion of the report also included the following participants:
- Aksana Filipishyna — representative of the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for the Observance of the Rights of the Child and Family;
- Olha Budnyk — Executive Director of Eidos Centre, Adviser to the President of Ukraine on the President’s Fund for Support of Education, Science and Sports, who moderated the event;
- Hryhorii Baran — Social Capital Programme Manager, Secretary; Board of the International Renaissance Foundation;
- Alona Parfonova — co-chair of Batky SOS Non-Governmental Organisation;
- Iryna Chernilevska, principal of gymnasium No. 179 in Kyiv.
Kseniia Zakharchenko, Chairman of the Education Committee at Digital Ukraine Association, also participated in the discussion and expressed the opinion of many company members of the association that it is necessary to support and widely introduce the school STEM education aiming at improving the mathematical and technical training of high school graduates and graduates of vocational institutions.
Learn more about the event at https://bit.ly/3ehjNYW